Wednesday, November 28, 2007

That Bites

I think this says it all ...





When I picked Jonas up from daycare, he was standing where he always stands, in the corner watching a Japanese kids show (which they only have on at the end of the day, to help manage the rush of mass departures). After walking in the door, three daycare workers ran up to me with pained looks on their faces, repeating sumimasen, sumimasen (sorry). I looked at Jonas, noticed something on this face, and figured he must have fallen (which happens every few minutes -- sometimes from great heights. the boy is a climber). I shrugged, shook my head and told them it was OK. It wasn't until he ran up to me that I noticed the teeth marks imprinted on his cheek. He seemed fine, and I told the ladies not to worry.

And they don't need to worry, because payback will come soon and swiftly. The kid who bit my kid is going to get his -- I'll not have Jonas fall victim to the well-documented Japanese plague of bullying. Jonas will go Mike Tyson on this so-called "friend," just as soon as I figure out who he
(or she) is. Jonas' bite will look like a love nip once this score is settled.

No comments: