Wednesday, November 7, 2007

For Mature Audiences Only

Tricia is in bed (or in futon, rather), so I thought I'd use this opportunity to post the two questionable paintings that were -- at least from a student perspective -- unfairly barred from participating in last weekend's art contest. The whole scene was odd. The homeroom teachers, at the very least, had to have known what was up, yet they allowed the paintings into the gymnasium for the big ceremonial unveiling, only to order them right back out again after the, um, tarp was dropped. This gave the offending students an even brighter spotlight, and let me tell you, they enjoyed it.

I'm just guessing here, but I think the baseline criteria for the competition was to come up with a design that best represents the students at Akita Tech.

It's hard to get any more accurate than this.






No comments: