Monday, September 18, 2006

Heads Up



Jonas has been teething (we think), which causes him great distress and also shortens his naps, which makes him even crankier and harder to soothe. The only sure-fire remedy is strapping him into the Bjorn and taking a walk, particularly when the weather is nice, sunny and cool, as it was today. So that's what we did. Since Tricia likes for me to talk to him while we walk, and since I feel goofy doing so, lately I've been listening to music and singing while we walk, which I feel is much more dignified. About a half mile into the walk, and about half way through Steve Earle's F the CC, the breeze became a gusting wind, and out of nowhere, an acorn came whizzing past my cheek and, at an extreme velocity, plunked Jonas squarely in the left shoulder. Jonas, who trusts me to protect him, wailed and wailed and wailed, and it took some time before he finally calmed down. So now, not only does Jonas have achy teeth, he has a bum shoulder, too. Poor kid.

No comments: